Drogba controversy in Ivory Coast's victory
Monday 23 January 2006
Drogba won the disputed penalty on Saturday when Emerse Fae's ball from the right caused Walid Regragui to pull back the Chelsea striker. First contact was made just outside the area but the defender, as last man, should have been sent off. He was not, but Drogba then drilled the spot-kick into the corner past the outstretched hand of the goalkeeper Tarek Jarmouni.
Samuel Eto'o hit a hat-trick in Cameroon's 3-1 win over Angola. The Barcelona forward opened the scoring with a long-range free-kick before Flavio levelled for Angola from the penalty spot. Eto'o headed home a Rudolph Douala cross eight minutes later, and the result was sealed after 75 minutes with a 20-yard drive.
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Chelsea players allowed 20 minutes to celebrate, says Jose Mourinho after Capital One Cup victory
Liverpool vs Manchester City match report: Stunners from Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson sink Manuel Pellegrini's side
Diego Costa keeps coin thrown at him during Capital One Cup final
Arsenal 2 Everton 0 player ratings: Who scored highest at the Emirates?
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet