Drogba controversy in Ivory Coast's victory
Monday 23 January 2006
Drogba won the disputed penalty on Saturday when Emerse Fae's ball from the right caused Walid Regragui to pull back the Chelsea striker. First contact was made just outside the area but the defender, as last man, should have been sent off. He was not, but Drogba then drilled the spot-kick into the corner past the outstretched hand of the goalkeeper Tarek Jarmouni.
Samuel Eto'o hit a hat-trick in Cameroon's 3-1 win over Angola. The Barcelona forward opened the scoring with a long-range free-kick before Flavio levelled for Angola from the penalty spot. Eto'o headed home a Rudolph Douala cross eight minutes later, and the result was sealed after 75 minutes with a 20-yard drive.
Latest in Sport
Mayweather-Pacquiao: Ricky Hatton, Mike Tyson, Ronda Rousey and more make their predictions
Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
Olivier Giroud doesn't believe Chelsea will change their style next season and responds to Thierry Henry's criticism of the Arsenal striker
Kyle Walker video: Tottenham defender categorically denies 'disgusting' rumours on Facebook
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 'Do not give them a reason': Baltimore man divides police and rioters in hope of avoiding violence
- 3 X Factor in crisis as numbers of people auditioning plummets
- 4 Baltimore riots: Furious mother marches her son home live on TV
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour