England game with Ireland in May 'unlikely'
Wednesday 14 December 2011
The Football Association of Ireland chief executive, John Delaney, has admitted a friendly against England before Euro 2012 is unlikely.
England could meet the Republic of Ireland in the quarter-finals of next summer's tournament in Poland and Ukraine. But Delaney said: "The England game is looking less likely for May. The fact from the English perspective is that we could play them in the quarter-finals... they're not that keen to do it in May, but they're keen to come sooner rather than later after that."
Latest in Sport
Chelsea in Thailand: Eden Hazard offered 'free hug' as Jose Mourinho meets a familiar face
Revealed: The most unwatchable Premier League teams of the 2014/15 season
Heysel disaster 30th anniversary: Liverpool have seen too much tragedy to forget that fateful day in Belgium
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 5 Man jumps into bear pen at zoo, fights bear and loses