England game with Ireland in May 'unlikely'
Wednesday 14 December 2011
The Football Association of Ireland chief executive, John Delaney, has admitted a friendly against England before Euro 2012 is unlikely.
England could meet the Republic of Ireland in the quarter-finals of next summer's tournament in Poland and Ukraine. But Delaney said: "The England game is looking less likely for May. The fact from the English perspective is that we could play them in the quarter-finals... they're not that keen to do it in May, but they're keen to come sooner rather than later after that."
Latest in Sport
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker a doubt for Everton match after suffering muscle injury
Mario Balotelli posts hilarious Beatles picture on Instagram as he awaits Liverpool debut
Arsenal vs Besiktas player ratings: Alexis Sanchez? Jack Wilshere? Mesut Ozil? Who was the star man at the Emirates Stadium?
Champions League draw: Liverpool meet Real Madrid, but should they fear facing the reigning champions?
William Carvalho to Manchester United: Midfielder on the cards for Louis van Gaal after Arturo Vidal doubts grow
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live