England game with Ireland in May 'unlikely'
Wednesday 14 December 2011
The Football Association of Ireland chief executive, John Delaney, has admitted a friendly against England before Euro 2012 is unlikely.
England could meet the Republic of Ireland in the quarter-finals of next summer's tournament in Poland and Ukraine. But Delaney said: "The England game is looking less likely for May. The fact from the English perspective is that we could play them in the quarter-finals... they're not that keen to do it in May, but they're keen to come sooner rather than later after that."
Latest in Sport
WWE Raw results: The power of the Yes! Movement dominates as Daniel Bryan eyes Wrestlemania 30 main event
Transfer news: Toni Kroos admits switch to Manchester United is 'a possibility for me'
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 player ratings: Who scored highest - Mesut Ozil or Santi Cazorla?
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 match report: German giants knock the Gunners out of the Champions League for the second successive season
Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker