England game with Ireland in May 'unlikely'
Wednesday 14 December 2011
The Football Association of Ireland chief executive, John Delaney, has admitted a friendly against England before Euro 2012 is unlikely.
England could meet the Republic of Ireland in the quarter-finals of next summer's tournament in Poland and Ukraine. But Delaney said: "The England game is looking less likely for May. The fact from the English perspective is that we could play them in the quarter-finals... they're not that keen to do it in May, but they're keen to come sooner rather than later after that."
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news and rumours: David De Gea could leave for FREE; £38m for Marquinhos; £37m bid for Mats Hummels;
Danny Ings to Liverpool: The Reds attempt to steal a march on rivals in race to sign Burnley striker
Transfer news live: Juan Cuadrado Chelsea move confirmed; Louis van Gaal says Darren Fletcher will join West Ham
Kim Sears 'swearing' outburst threatens to overshadow Andy Murray's Australian Open semi-final win
Kim Sears: Andy Murray defends fiancée's for outburst after a bad-tempered march to final
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London