England reveal base camp plans for Euro 2012
Tuesday 11 October 2011
England will be based in Poland for the Euro 2012 finals next summer.
Fabio Capello's team confirmed their qualification for the tournament, which will be co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine, on Friday with a 2-2 draw against Montenegro.
Club England managing director Adrian Bevington told Sky Sports News: "We are just finalising a few contractual arrangements now. We will be in Poland but I won't be able to say any more at this particular moment.
"We are not far away from (confirming the location) but out of respect to all the people we have been dealing with we have to get everything finalised before we make any public statement on it."
Football Association chairman David Bernstein promised at the Leaders In Football conference in London last week that England would be "good tourists" at future tournaments, promising that they would stay in a more central location rather than remaining isolated, as was the case at the World Cup in South Africa where the team were based in Rustenburg.
Latest in Sport
Wimbledon 2015: Ball boy collapses in the heat on Court 17
Petr Cech blasts Chelsea supporters who sent him death threats after £11m Arsenal transfer: 'They are not true fans'
Nathaniel Clyne joins Liverpool: Transfer news live - Arda Turan decision, Petr Cech reaction, Sergio Ramos to Manchester United
Christian Benteke to Liverpool: Aston Villa striker ready to reject Tottenham
Football kits 2015/16: The good, the bad and the downright worst new shirts from around the world for next season
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage