England reveal base camp plans for Euro 2012
Tuesday 11 October 2011
England will be based in Poland for the Euro 2012 finals next summer.
Fabio Capello's team confirmed their qualification for the tournament, which will be co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine, on Friday with a 2-2 draw against Montenegro.
Club England managing director Adrian Bevington told Sky Sports News: "We are just finalising a few contractual arrangements now. We will be in Poland but I won't be able to say any more at this particular moment.
"We are not far away from (confirming the location) but out of respect to all the people we have been dealing with we have to get everything finalised before we make any public statement on it."
Football Association chairman David Bernstein promised at the Leaders In Football conference in London last week that England would be "good tourists" at future tournaments, promising that they would stay in a more central location rather than remaining isolated, as was the case at the World Cup in South Africa where the team were based in Rustenburg.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Besiktas: Seven reasons why Arsenal could suffer a Champions League upset
Arsenal transfer news: Could Arsene Wenger move for Danny Welbeck, Loic Remy or Edinson Cavani after Olivier Giroud's injury?
Manchester United transfer news: Is Angel Di Maria really worth £59.7m?
10 most expensive players in British football history - were they hits or misses?
MK Dons vs Manchester United League Cup match report: Louis van Gaal is humiliated after Jonny Evans' error sparks drubbing
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking