Euro 2012 Diary: Just plane crazy; Bad break for Ray; Artists make impression on supporters
Tuesday 12 June 2012
Just plane crazy
One unlucky Irishman will be feeling even more embarrassed than Shay Given at the moment. In haste, an over-eager fan had travelled by plane from Dublin to watch Sunday's 3-1 defeat by Croatia, but was initially refused entry in Poznan airport after immigration officers realised he had travelled using his wife's passport by mistake. He had passed through check-in and security at Dublin Airport without anyone noticing the error.
Bad break for Ray
The injury crisis that struck the England squad before the tournament claimed yet another victim. Ray Clemence, the goalkeeping coach, was carried off the pitch before yesterday's game after snapping his Achilles.
Artists make impression on supporters
To keep visiting supporters entertained in Warsaw, a number of cultural events have been put in place in the city, including an art exhibition at the Museum of Caricature and Cartoon Art called "The Ball is in Play", which hopes artists reflect "the role of football in normal life, its laughter and tears" in their pieces. Art-lover and former England goalkeeper David James would love it.
Latest in Sport
Phil Jagielka: I may never win back England place, says Everton defender
Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
Rio Ferdinand mocks Jamie Carragher's Liverpudlian accent... but Liverpool man hits back at Londoner
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Just like Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United, Gareth Bale says he hopes to return to Tottenham 'one day'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since 2004
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster