France midfielder Samir Nasri has 'sincerely regrets' over Euro 2012 behaviour
Samir Nasri has said he "sincerely regrets" some of his behaviour at Euro 2012, including an expletive-laden rant at reporters following France's quarter-final defeat by Spain.
Reports today in France suggest the Manchester City midfielder could be banned by the France Football Federation after his conduct during the tournament, during which his dissatisfaction with his country's media became apparent on more than one occasion.
The 25-year-old took to Twitter this morning in an apparent act of contrition.
"Too many untruths circulating at the moment. The fans and especially the children know that I sincerely regret that my words may have been a shock," he wrote.
"I love the France team, football, and I have deep respect for the public. Otherwise, this is a personal matter between me and a few journalists. I will explain when the time comes."
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.