Germany 2 Ghana 2 player ratings: Who rated higher Mesut Ozil or Asamoah Gyan?
Saturday 21 June 2014
Miroslav Klose became the joint record scorer in World Cup history, rescuing Germany from defeat with a goal that salvaged a 2-2 with Ghana at Estadio Castelao.
The 36-year-old Lazio striker scored with his first touch after coming on as a second-half substitute, meaning Klose is now level with former Brazil striker Ronaldo on 15 goals.
However Germany were fortunate to escape with a point.
The draw means Germany are on top of Group G with four points going into their final match on Thursday against USA, who play Portugal this Sunday.
Ghana had several chances to take the three points that would have put them in a healthier position before their final game against Portugal, but the best chance of all in a frantic finish fell to Müller, whose shot was blocked by Asamoah.
So how did each player get on in the closely fought tie?
Click on the gallery below to find out.
Do you agree? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Latest in Sport
Arsene Wenger 18th anniversary at Arsenal: His WORST signings XI during his time with the Gunners
18 things Wenger has still never done at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger's worst signings XI
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Nani: On loan Sporting Lisbon winger admits he may not return to Manchester United
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'