Germany v Portugal: Cristiano Ronaldo throws his shirt into the crowd, BEFORE the match
CR7 offered up his sweaty top for one lucky fan
One lucky fan inside the Fonte Nova Arena in Salvador got their hands on a Cristiano Ronaldo sweat-drenched top, before things had even got started in the Group G match between Germany and Portugal.
Footballers throwing their shirt into the crowd is nothing new, but giving away clothes is usually saved until after the game. The top in question appeared to be the Real Madrid striker's training jersey rather than his match shirt donning the number 7 on the back.
Perhaps the world's best player was eager for an opportunity to show off his impressive torso. Although if it was designed to put the fear into Portugal's opponents, it failed. The Germans were 3-0 up by half-time.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?