Germany v Portugal: Cristiano Ronaldo throws his shirt into the crowd, BEFORE the match
CR7 offered up his sweaty top for one lucky fan
One lucky fan inside the Fonte Nova Arena in Salvador got their hands on a Cristiano Ronaldo sweat-drenched top, before things had even got started in the Group G match between Germany and Portugal.
Footballers throwing their shirt into the crowd is nothing new, but giving away clothes is usually saved until after the game. The top in question appeared to be the Real Madrid striker's training jersey rather than his match shirt donning the number 7 on the back.
Perhaps the world's best player was eager for an opportunity to show off his impressive torso. Although if it was designed to put the fear into Portugal's opponents, it failed. The Germans were 3-0 up by half-time.
Latest in Sport
Phillip Hughes: #putoutyourbats tribute sees Twitter users pay their respects to Hughes including Graeme Swann and David Warner
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Phillip Hughes death: UK company Masuri say Australian opener was wearing 'outdated helmet'
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship