Henry turns on Domenech
Tuesday 08 September 2009
French football is in turmoil after the national manager, Raymond Domenech, came under fire from his players led by Thierry Henry, who told him that Les Bleus have "no organisation, no style, no guidance and no identity".
Domenech is under pressure across the Channel after France failed to beat Romania on Saturday, drawing 1-1 in Paris. They now go into a crucial match against Serbia, who top Group Seven, in Belgrade tomorrow knowing that if they lose they can no longer qualify automatically.
Domenech tried to spark a reaction from his players prior to the Romania game by questioning their hunger, but Henry is reported to have responded by saying: "I have been in the France team for 12 years and never have I been in this situation. We do not know how to play, where to go, there is no organisation. There is no style, no guidance and no identity."
Latest in Sport
Arsenal players boo chief-executive Ivan Gazidis after being told they would not get bonus for FA Cup triumph
Brendan Rodgers future: Odds shorten on Liverpool manager being sacked, despite Jurgen Klopp announcement
Liverpool close in on James Milner signing but baulk at Christian Benteke £32.5m release clause
Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
Betting company 'refuse to pay' after student wins £1,000 from 50p bet on Roger Federer
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 3 How much sex should I be having?
- 4 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
- 5 Betting company 'refuse to pay' after student wins £1,000 from 50p bet on Roger Federer