Ireland assess Shay Given injury
Wednesday 23 May 2012
The Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given injured a knee in training yesterday.
A team spokesman said: "After a scan, it was concluded that Shay should sit out training for the next two to three days."
The manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, said: "Shay Given has a little bit of a problem. For this game [against Bosnia on Saturday], we will decide with the doctor because at this moment, we don't need to run the risk."
Latest in Sport
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Ghosts of past cast a massive shadow
Mayweather-Pacquiao: Ricky Hatton, Mike Tyson, Ronda Rousey and more make their predictions
Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
Kyle Walker video: Tottenham defender categorically denies 'disgusting' rumours on Facebook
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 4 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
- 5 Yazidi sex slaves undergoing surgery to 'restore virginity' after being raped by Isis militants