Ireland assess Shay Given injury
Wednesday 23 May 2012
The Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given injured a knee in training yesterday.
A team spokesman said: "After a scan, it was concluded that Shay should sit out training for the next two to three days."
The manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, said: "Shay Given has a little bit of a problem. For this game [against Bosnia on Saturday], we will decide with the doctor because at this moment, we don't need to run the risk."
Latest in Sport
VIDEO: Did Marcos Maidana bite Floyd Mayweather during their bout?
Manchester United vs QPR comment: Glimpse of Radamel Falcao lifts United hearts but Daley Blind keeps things ticking
Hull City vs West Ham preview: Sam Allardyce backs Alex Song to inspire new team-mates
Rio Ferdinand: David Moyes's tactics were embarrassing and I wanted to grab him when he dropped me in front of Manchester United squad
Manchester United vs QPR player ratings: Who was the star man? Angel Di Maria? Daley Blind? Wayne Rooney?
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article