Ireland assess Shay Given injury
Wednesday 23 May 2012
The Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given injured a knee in training yesterday.
A team spokesman said: "After a scan, it was concluded that Shay should sit out training for the next two to three days."
The manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, said: "Shay Given has a little bit of a problem. For this game [against Bosnia on Saturday], we will decide with the doctor because at this moment, we don't need to run the risk."
Latest in Sport
Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
Fifa corruption arrests: All hail the Feds for riding to football's rescue
England 'favourites' to host 2018 World Cup following Fifa arrests
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Manchester United season player ratings: Grading Louis van Gaal's entire squad
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
- 3 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 4 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
- 5 Paracetamol Challenge: Mother of girl killed by overdose pleads with teenagers not to take part