It's all kicking off... Poland and Russia fans in ugly clashes
Wednesday 13 June 2012
Russia fans clashed with police and Poland supporters in separate incidents in Warsaw yesterday, shortly before the two teams met last night in an emotionally charged European Championship match. Several people were injured.
Polish supporters were seen attacking Russians, who responded violently. The two sides, made up of dozens of men, lashed out with boots and fists, while flares could be seen exploding in their midst.
Poland and Russia fans were also seen fighting and throwing stones outside the National Stadium, despite a very heavy police presence.
Latest in Sport
Robin van Persie: Manchester United may have more joy if striker is dropped by David Moyes
Tim Sherwood rules out being No 2 at Tottenham, saying the 'silence is deafening' over his own future
England 29 Wales 18 match report: Stuart Lancaster's men enjoy their day in the sun at expense of weary Wales
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
FA Cup semi-finals: Lukasz Fabianski will start in goal for Arsenal against Wigan
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time