It's all kicking off... Poland and Russia fans in ugly clashes
Wednesday 13 June 2012
Russia fans clashed with police and Poland supporters in separate incidents in Warsaw yesterday, shortly before the two teams met last night in an emotionally charged European Championship match. Several people were injured.
Polish supporters were seen attacking Russians, who responded violently. The two sides, made up of dozens of men, lashed out with boots and fists, while flares could be seen exploding in their midst.
Poland and Russia fans were also seen fighting and throwing stones outside the National Stadium, despite a very heavy police presence.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal team news: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain fails late fitness test as Harry Redknapp makes five changes for QPR
Manchester United vs Newcastle match report: Brilliant Wayne Rooney scores twice to fire up United's unlikely title challenge
Arsenal vs QPR player ratings: Could anyone outshine new Gunners hero Alexis Sanchez and who was worse than villain Olivier Giroud?
Manchester United 3 Newcastle 1: 'I'm playing like Paul Scholes,' says Wayne Rooney
Sports Quiz of the Year 2014: The Questions
- 1 The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
- 2 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 3 Andy Murray takes to Twitter to show off his Christmas jumper
- 4 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 5 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland