Jermain Defoe to rejoin England tomorrow after returning home for funeral
Thursday 21 June 2012
Jermain Defoe will rejoin the England squad tomorrow after returning home for the funeral of his father.
Defoe spent two days at home following the death of dad Jimmy from throat cancer on June 7.
He subsequently returned and was introduced as a late substitute in the Euro 2012 draw with France in Donetsk.
The FA have confirmed Defoe has returned home but will be back to complete preparations for Sunday's quarter-final with Italy in Kiev.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Ian Herbert: Work still to do before this Liverpool can be compared to class of ’08
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police