Kawasumi double puts Japan in Women's World Cup final
Thursday 14 July 2011
Japan will play the United States in the Women's World Cup final in Frankfurt on Sunday after they won through their semi-finals last night.
The US, who knocked out Brazil in the quarter-finals, beat France 3-1 through late goals from Abby Wambach and Alex Morgan, while Japan fought back from going 1-0 down to Sweden early on to also win 3-1, Nahomi Kawasumi scoring twice.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea players allowed 20 minutes to celebrate, says Jose Mourinho after Capital One Cup victory
Diego Costa keeps coin thrown at him during Capital One Cup final
Liverpool vs Manchester City match report: Stunners from Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson sink Manuel Pellegrini's side
Arsenal 2 Everton 0 player ratings: Who scored highest at the Emirates?
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet