Malta's national anthem replaced with Linkin Park's Numb at Slovakia match
You had one job, sound man
For 0.7 seconds the Maltese national anthem became Linkin Park's Numb yesterday, when the song was accidentally played ahead of Malta's friendly with Slovakia.
You could maybe forgive the person whose job it is to play the national anthems for accidentally blasting the Slovakian anthem or a stadium announcement, but no, they somehow lined up a 2003 American nu metal track.
Admittedly the error was caught incredibly quickly and the Maltese anthem was quickly substituted in, but Numb's intro was unmistakable and even raised a chuckle from one of Malta's players on the pitch.
Maybe Malta should just embrace Numb, those stately brass-based anthems always feel a little tired anyway, and start wearing three quarter-length jean shorts during matches.
For the record, sound guy, this is Malta's national anthem:
And this is Linkin Park 'Numb':
Latest in Sport
Robin van Persie to Fenerbahce: Manchester United striker 'agrees to personal terms' with Turkish side
Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs posts bizarre video of his Miami holiday being invaded by an iguana
Women's World Cup 2015: England take third place as they beat Germay in extra time with penalty by Fara Williams
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners will only consider 'astronomical offer' from Atletico Madrid for Santi Cazorla
Why is it that there’s no women’s team at Manchester United? - Michael Calvin
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed