Malta's national anthem replaced with Linkin Park's Numb at Slovakia match
You had one job, sound man
For 0.7 seconds the Maltese national anthem became Linkin Park's Numb yesterday, when the song was accidentally played ahead of Malta's friendly with Slovakia.
You could maybe forgive the person whose job it is to play the national anthems for accidentally blasting the Slovakian anthem or a stadium announcement, but no, they somehow lined up a 2003 American nu metal track.
Admittedly the error was caught incredibly quickly and the Maltese anthem was quickly substituted in, but Numb's intro was unmistakable and even raised a chuckle from one of Malta's players on the pitch.
Maybe Malta should just embrace Numb, those stately brass-based anthems always feel a little tired anyway, and start wearing three quarter-length jean shorts during matches.
For the record, sound guy, this is Malta's national anthem:
And this is Linkin Park 'Numb':
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
Review: Mike Leigh biopic is a rambling, rich character study
Want to ward off (or welcome) trick-or-treaters? Here's how
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Manchester United combined XI: No place for Yaya Toure... or any United defenders
Sami Khedira transfer news: Arsenal can win the Premier League if they sign Khedira in January, says Perry Groves
Paul Scholes: At last! Some credit for Sam Allardyce
Chelsea injury list: Diego Costa and Loic Remy lead the Blues' absent players
Radamel Falcao: Manchester United ready to seal permanent transfer of striker as 'everything is complete' to extend his Old Trafford stay
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party