Netherlands vs Argentina World Cup 2014: There will be NO repeat of Tim Krul's heroics as Dutch make all three subs
Klaas Jan Huntelaar the final sub for the Dutch
Wednesday 09 July 2014
Louis van Gaal clearly knows how to quit when he's ahead after opting not to repeat his penalty shootout shenanigans in tonight's semi-final with Argentina.
After Javier Mascherano's last ditch block ensured the game ended 0-0 and went to extra time, some thought the Netherlands would keep their final substitution in reserve, in order to bring on Tim Krul for a penalty shootout.
However van Gaal decided that his forward line needed reinforcing more than anything, replacing Robin Van Persie with Klaas Jan Huntelaar in the 96th minute.
The winner of this match faces Germany in Sunday's final.
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article