Pearce returns fire to Arsenal over Wilshere burnout worries
Friday 27 May 2011
England under-21 manager Stuart Pearce has questioned why Arsène Wenger did not rest Jack Wilshere if the Arsenal manager was so concerned about supposed burnout.
Wilshere withdrew from Pearce's European Championship squad to protect his fitness after being shown statistics by Arsenal's medical department which indicated he was becoming fatigued.
"Every player at this stage of the season would be reasonably tired," said Pearce, who yesterday also lost Micah Richards to a hamstring injury.
"Arsenal have not left him out of the side in the last six weeks, even though the stats have said he's in the red zone."
Latest in Sport
Arsenal and Puma unveil world's first left-footed football
Italy vs England player ratings: Did Andros Townsend's goal see him beat Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney to top marks?
Liverpool's best XI of the season so far: Raheem Sterling should play in the front three while Steven Gerrard remains on the bench
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
Liverpool injury news: Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge, Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren expected to be ready for Arsenal clash
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims