Ronaldinho recalled by Brazil
Friday 29 October 2010
Ronaldinho has been recalled by Brazil for the first time in 18 months for their friendly against Argentina in Qatar next month.
The gifted AC Milan forward, who helped Brazil win the World Cup in 2002, was overlooked by former coach Dunga for this year's finals in South Africa.
Coach Mano Menezes also recalled Santos teenager Neymar, whom he dropped for friendlies earlier in October for disciplinary reasons, in a 23-man squad.
Ronaldinho has a thigh injury and is set to miss Milan's home game with Juventus on Saturday but he should return for Wednesday's Champions League game against Real Madrid.
He has lost most of the pace he had at Barcelona and struggles to beat defenders with his old trademark shimmy but he can still pick out a world-class pass.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal have 'too many strikers' claims Arsene Wenger, despite admitting Lukas Podolski is 'not a real centre-forward'
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
Fernando Torres to AC Milan: Jose Mourinho talks up Mattia Destro with Torres on verge of Chelsea exit
Mario Balotelli has been 'spoken to at length' and Liverpool have ensured he lives on Merseyside rather than Manchester
Burnley vs Manchester United: Why Louis van Gaal has been unflustered by United's terrible start to the season
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'