Roy Keane 'has an opinion on everything' says Ireland winger Aiden McGeady
Wednesday 23 May 2012
Winger Aiden McGeady has hit back at criticism from former Republic of Ireland skipper Roy Keane.
Keane used his newspaper column to question the 26-year-old Spartak Moscow midfielder's form for his country as he prepares for the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine.
But McGeady said: "Roy Keane? He says enough anyway. I played with him at Celtic and that was bad enough.
"He is just one of those guys who has something to say about everything. I got on with him as a guy, but he is just one of those guys who has an opinion on everything.
"I never saw it, but they [former players] are entitled to their opinion.
"Over the qualifying campaign, I was probably not great in every game, but I know - not being big headed - that I was probably one of the main players.
"When other people talk about the 'final ball', that is their opinion, but who set up more goals than me in the qualifiers?
"Possibly because I don't get one [cross] in every time, I get criticised."
Latest in Sport
Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester City: Who will be the eventual winners in the race for the Premier League title?
Daniel Sturridge injury: Liverpool striker to have tests on hamstring problem
Diego Costa transfer to Chelsea impossible to stop, admits Diego Simeone
Fulham so grateful to faithful fans the players have been calling them to say thanks for renewing their season tickets
Hillsborough disaster anniversary: Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez among those at Anfield to pay tribute to the 96 who lost their lives
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 3 Man on a leash in Farringdon, London: Mystery of 'walkies' solved
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline bribed doctors to boost sales, says whistleblower