Roy Keane 'has an opinion on everything' says Ireland winger Aiden McGeady
Wednesday 23 May 2012
Winger Aiden McGeady has hit back at criticism from former Republic of Ireland skipper Roy Keane.
Keane used his newspaper column to question the 26-year-old Spartak Moscow midfielder's form for his country as he prepares for the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine.
But McGeady said: "Roy Keane? He says enough anyway. I played with him at Celtic and that was bad enough.
"He is just one of those guys who has something to say about everything. I got on with him as a guy, but he is just one of those guys who has an opinion on everything.
"I never saw it, but they [former players] are entitled to their opinion.
"Over the qualifying campaign, I was probably not great in every game, but I know - not being big headed - that I was probably one of the main players.
"When other people talk about the 'final ball', that is their opinion, but who set up more goals than me in the qualifiers?
"Possibly because I don't get one [cross] in every time, I get criticised."
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs West Brom: Jose Mourinho says Diego Costa is ready for ‘marathon’ Christmas
Arsenal vs Manchester United: Arsene Wenger insists clash at the Emirates Stadium remains battle of the giants
Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, Yaya Toure or Steven Gerrard? No, it's Mile Jedinak who is the best midfielder in the Premier League
WWE Survivor Series 2014: Start time and full match card
Manchester United transfer news: Robin van Persie could leave this summer with Edinson Cavani and Thomas Muller on United wish-list
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Winnie the Pooh banned from Polish playground for being 'inappropriate hermaphrodite'