Roy Keane 'has an opinion on everything' says Ireland winger Aiden McGeady
Wednesday 23 May 2012
Winger Aiden McGeady has hit back at criticism from former Republic of Ireland skipper Roy Keane.
Keane used his newspaper column to question the 26-year-old Spartak Moscow midfielder's form for his country as he prepares for the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine.
But McGeady said: "Roy Keane? He says enough anyway. I played with him at Celtic and that was bad enough.
"He is just one of those guys who has something to say about everything. I got on with him as a guy, but he is just one of those guys who has an opinion on everything.
"I never saw it, but they [former players] are entitled to their opinion.
"Over the qualifying campaign, I was probably not great in every game, but I know - not being big headed - that I was probably one of the main players.
"When other people talk about the 'final ball', that is their opinion, but who set up more goals than me in the qualifiers?
"Possibly because I don't get one [cross] in every time, I get criticised."
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club close in on Manchester United striker for £17m
Danny Welbeck signs for Arsenal: Gunners confirm signing from Manchester United
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127