Scotland forward Steven Naismith faces qualifiers ban
Wednesday 26 September 2012
The Scotland forward Steven Naismith could miss next month's World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Belgium after Fifa opened disciplinary proceedings over an off-the-ball incident during the goalless draw with Serbia.
Everton's Naismith faces a three-match ban over an alleged elbow on Serbia's Srdan Mijailovic.
Television pictures show him raising his arm towards Mijailovic in the World Cup qualifier at Hampden earlier this month.
Latest in Sport
2014 World Cup draw: Roy Hodgson raises possibility of England switching base away from Rio de Janeiro
Liverpool 5 Norwich 1: Brendan Rodgers takes a swipe at Arsenal by claiming Luis Suarez is now worth '£40m and two pounds'
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen