Swansea striker Michu close to Spain call-up
Striker has been in sensational form
Thursday 13 December 2012
Vincent del Bosque plans to check on Swansea City's Michu after the in-form striker announced himself in the Premier League.
The Spain coach will come to Britain next month and assess the form of Chelsea's Fernando Torres, but the uncapped Michu, the league's leading scorer, will be his main focus. "Michu has long been performing at a high level and what he has accomplished in England is not easy," said Del Bosque.
Michu, 26, has scored 13 goals after his £2.2m summer move from Rayo Vallecano and has been key to Swansea's march towards Wembley in the Capital One Cup, in which they have a chance to mark their centenary with a first major trophy.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more