Swansea striker Michu close to Spain call-up
Striker has been in sensational form
Thursday 13 December 2012
Vincent del Bosque plans to check on Swansea City's Michu after the in-form striker announced himself in the Premier League.
The Spain coach will come to Britain next month and assess the form of Chelsea's Fernando Torres, but the uncapped Michu, the league's leading scorer, will be his main focus. "Michu has long been performing at a high level and what he has accomplished in England is not easy," said Del Bosque.
Michu, 26, has scored 13 goals after his £2.2m summer move from Rayo Vallecano and has been key to Swansea's march towards Wembley in the Capital One Cup, in which they have a chance to mark their centenary with a first major trophy.
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.