Uefa award for Healy
Wednesday 26 March 2008
David Healy's prolific scoring record at international level will be rewarded by the Uefa president, Michel Platini, tonight.
The Fulham striker, who will lead Northern Ireland's attack in a friendly against Georgia at Windsor Park, broke Davor Suker's 12-year European Championship qualifying record, his 13 strikes bringing Nigel Worthington's side to within a whisker of making it to Austria and Switzerland this summer.
Platini, who will be in Belfast to present Healy with a special award, said yesterday: "I'm sure that this record will last for some time to come."
Latest in Sport
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: The biggest fight of all time, or maybe just the most lucrative?
Andy Murray tells how coach Amélie Mauresmo revealed her pregnancy
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Everton 3 Manchester United 0 player ratings: Who scored lower - Marouane Fellaini or Radamel Falcao?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway