Uefa award for Healy
Wednesday 26 March 2008
David Healy's prolific scoring record at international level will be rewarded by the Uefa president, Michel Platini, tonight.
The Fulham striker, who will lead Northern Ireland's attack in a friendly against Georgia at Windsor Park, broke Davor Suker's 12-year European Championship qualifying record, his 13 strikes bringing Nigel Worthington's side to within a whisker of making it to Austria and Switzerland this summer.
Platini, who will be in Belfast to present Healy with a special award, said yesterday: "I'm sure that this record will last for some time to come."
Latest in Sport
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Best memes as Twitter reacts to imminent £16m transfer
Sami Khedira to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger reveals Gunners are still in the market for defensive midfielder
Liverpool transfer news: Samuel Eto'o still on Brendan Rodgers' radar despite imminent arrival of Mario Balotelli - reports
Malky Mackay texts: Harry Redknapp defends former Cardiff City manger - 'he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile'
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Risky business to think Balotelli can replace Luis Suarez
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27