We'll light up Lisbon, says Bento
Portugal 0 Bosnia 0
Tuesday 15 November 2011
The Portugal coach, Paulo Bento (left), is confident his team will beat Bosnia in Lisbon tonight and qualify for Euro 2012. The teams drew 0-0 on Friday.
"It will be very tight," said Bento, "but we're convinced we'll go on and take control of the match. At the end of these 90 minutes we will be a happy team and, more importantly, a happy country."
Two years ago Portugal beat Bosnia in a play-off to reach the World Cup, and the visitors' striker Vedad Ibisevic is desperate to avenge that to send Bosnia to their first big tournament since independence. "The time has come for this generation to go to a major competition," he said.
Sasa Papac and Boris Pandza are both available after suspension for the draw at the Bilino Polje. Midfielder Sejad Salihovic may replace Haris Medunjanin.
Latest in Sport
Brendan Rodgers says Manchester City's slip is timely warning for Liverpool title hopes
30 players who could be set for a big-money transfer this summer
Manchester United transfer news: David Moyes watches Porto stars Eliaquim Mangala and Jackson Martinez as recruitment drive steps up a gear
Barcelona 1 Real Madrid 2 match report: Gareth Bale scores wonder goal to claim Copa del Rey for Real
Luis Suarez: Could Liverpool cash in on their star striker if they won the Premier League this season?
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 The Hobbit: There and Back Again set for possible title change
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building