Whelan warns about Republic's 'gung-ho' approach
Thursday 01 September 2011
Glenn Whelan insists the Republic of Ireland will not jeopardise their Euro 2012 hopes by taking a gung-ho approach to their must-win game with Slovakia in Dublin tomorrow.
The Stoke midfielder said: "You don't want to be gung-ho and 2-0, 3-0 down after 10, 15 minutes. We have to go into the game the way we have done before, hard to beat, and then hopefully we can get a few goals."
Latest in Sport
Aaron Hernandez: American Football in the dock as NFL star player's murderous double life is revealed
Chelsea vs Manchester United: With Carrick, Blind, Jones and Rojo missing, how should Louis van Gaal set his side up at Stamford Bridge?
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Why Blues are the least popular team in the league
Chelsea vs Manchester United combined XI: Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea? Juan Mata or Willian? Who makes our team?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Where are the tickets for the fight?
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'