World Cup 2014 countdown: Roy Keane storms off after row with Mick McCarthy in 2002
Counting down the 100 greatest moments in the history of the World Cup
The World Cup in Brazil is coming into view and everyone is hoping this summer's carnival can take its place among some of the great tournaments of the past.
That won't be easy though, as this series will testify. In the run-up to the tournament, we're counting down the 100 greatest World Cup moments.
Check out our latest instalment below, and for any you missed, see the gallery at the end of the article.
Roy Keane storms off after row with Mick McCarthy
Ireland's preparations for the 2002 World Cup were a shambles, brought on by of all people, their captain.
Roy Keane, unsatisfied by the training facilities ahead of the tournament let his feelings be known to manager Mick McCarthy, who later claimed in his diary that he had "never seen any human being act like this before, never mind a footballer."
Keane apparently told him: "I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager and I don't rate you as a person." He also reportedly said something about sticking the World Cup somewhere unpleasant.
McCarthy sent his best player home, Keane vowed he'd never return, and a dog called Triggs was taken on a lot of walks.
Latest in Sport
NFL player Marshawn Lynch answers every question in post-game interview with 'Yeah'
Manchester United named Premier League's loudest fans despite late push by Chelsea according to 'Smart Meter' app
Prince Harry leads the congratulations for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi, calling him 'an absolute legend' as he crossed the finish line
Chelsea vs West Brom: Jose Mourinho turns on ‘Dr Sergio Ramos’ in Spanish spat
Six things we learnt from the Premier League: Same old problems for Arsenal; Chelsea in cruise control; Spurs can take heart from poor start
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by police in Ohio park
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Naked free runner captured in breathtaking photographs above London's streets
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Manchester United named Premier League's loudest fans despite late push by Chelsea according to 'Smart Meter' app