World Cup 2014 final: Vladimir Putin takes seat next to Sepp Blatter at the Maracana
Germany playing Argentina in the final
Wielding incredible power and prone to the odd gaffe, Vladimir Putin and Sepp Blatter share quite a bit in common.
Which is useful as it'll give them something to talk about during the World Cup final.
The pair were pictured seated next to one another ahead of the final between Germany and Argentina at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
It was a star-studded collection of dignitaries that collected together for the final. Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff took her seat on the other side of Fifa president Blatter whilst German chancellor Angela Merkel and German president Joachim Gauck were a little further down the row.
Sepp Blatter takes his seat for the World Cup final along with German chancellor Angela Merkel, German president Joachim Gauck and Vladimir Putin
The final at the Maracana was the culmination of a month of football in Brazil that some have said has been the best World Cup in memory.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more