World Cup 2014: How can Colombia finish top of Group C?
We take a look at how Jose Pekerman's side can finish top of Group C
Colombia need just a draw from their final game against Japan in Cuiaba to qualify as Group C winners in the World Cup.
The South American dark horses have enjoyed a successful tournament so far, winning both of their group games. They beat Greece 3-0 in their opening fixture and also saw off the challenge of the Ivory Coast with a 2-1 win.
They will finish top of Group C if they can avoid defeat against Japan on Tuesday, who are yet to win a game.
They are currently three points ahead of Ivory Coast who are in second place, but Colombia have a goal difference of +1, while the Elephants have scored as many as they have let in.
Possible second round opponents:
Costa Rica or Italy on Saturday.
The Group C table in full...
It is still possible for Japan and Greece to qualify, but both must win their remaining games.
Actress isn't a fan of Ed Miliband
Do you qualify – and how do you get it?
The Mayor of London's sister, Rachel Johnson, apologises for shocking tweet about the PM
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes head injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Sam Wallace: Players of Suarez’s standing just don’t sign for clubs like Liverpool
Phil Hughes injury: Batsman had one weakness – it has come back to haunt him
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich comment: Frank Lampard's part in City win shows folly of letting him leave
Schalke vs Chelsea: Roberto Di Matteo admits thrashing by former side was most painful defeat of his career
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'