Thierry Henry: Arsenal legend embarrasses Robbie Savage during World Cup coverage
Former Arsenal striker ribbed ex-Leicester City midfielder
Sitting in the studio with Thierry Henry, Clarence Seedorf and Gary Lineker, Robbie Savage might have known he'd be in for a rough afternoon while covering France's win against Honduras.
While that trio have won World Cups, European Cups and League titles, Savage has a single League Cup winners medal in his career.
But that didn't stop the former Leicester and Blackburn midfielder from attempting to get stuck into Henry's Arsenal.
When analysing how a gritty Honduras team could slow down their much more illustrious opponents, Savage compared it to when his Leicester team played Henry's storied Arsenal team.
Savage, known as an irritating opponent who often ended up in the book, asked Henry to agree with him that Henry's Gunners didn't like physical play.
Henry, who won two Premier League titles in north London, brilliantly slapped Savage down, responding 'we managed...' much to the amusement of those in the studio.
Savage took it all in good humour, posting "I was most relieved Clarence and Thierry knew who I was" to his Twitter page.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao: 'Changes are not easy, but there are times when you have to'
Female BBC presenter receives offensive and sexist letter after she criticised level of women's sport given TV coverage and sponsorship
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
West Brom vs Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey desperate to be back in the middle for Arsenal title challenge
Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace