A Manchester City hat-trick: now Micah Richards is banned from driving
Carlos Tevez and Samir Nasri have also been banned
Friday 12 April 2013
Manchester City defender Micah Richards today became the third player from his club to receive a six-month driving ban this month.
The England international was disqualifed after he failed to respond to two speeding notices sent to his home address.
He admitted to two counts of failing to provide the identity of who was driving his Ferrari 458 Italia car which was clocked at 51mph in a 40mph zone in Manchester in September.
Tameside Magistrates' Court heard the six penalty points took him over the 12-point penalty limit as he already had nine points for three separate driving offences in November 2010, December last year and this January.
Richards, 24, who did not attend, was also ordered to pay a £600 fine, £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
The court was told Richards had difficulties with his post at the time the notices were sent out last September and last November because his home in Bowdon, Altrincham, was being renovated and he was staying elsewhere.
Last week, team-mate Carlos Tevez, 29, was disqualifed from driving for six months and told to perform 250 hours of community service after he admitted driving while banned and without insurance.
City midfielder Samir Nasri, 25, also received a six-month ban last week after he admitted to three charges of failing to provide police with the identity of the driver of his car which was clocked speeding over four months inee 2011.
Latest in Sport
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Best memes as Twitter reacts to imminent £16m transfer
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal joins Arsenal and Chelsea in the race for Sami Khedira
Mario Balotelli takes 50 per cent pay cut to join Liverpool as Samuel as Eto’o waits in the wings if deal falls through
Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
Click here for the full story." title="When a youngster asked for an autograph outside Manchester City's training ground, Balotelli demanded to know why the boy was playing truant. After the child revealed he was being bullied, Balotelli drove the boy and his mother to the school in question so he could tackle the bully himself. He demanded to see the headmaster to make him aware of the issue and then mediated between the two boys to resolve the problem. A source said: 'Mario feels strongly about bullying.' Click here for the full story." width="88" height="52" />Mario Balotelli: The funniest stories
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians