Four directions home for Becks
When David Beckham announced that he's to leave the reigning MLS champions LA Galaxy for new climes, speculation was soon rife about the next stop in the Beckham roadshow. We thought we'd help Beckham with his decision with a compass point-friendly guide to potential new clubs. David, you're welcome:
* The North End: Becks began his career with a loan stint at Preston (he scored from a corner). What better way to round off a glorious career?
* The East End: Surely east London's most famous former resident could lift Waltham Forest from their current lowly 13th spot in the Ryman Div 1 North?
* The South End: Or, er... Southend United. The Shrimpers may be in League 2 but they've got a beach. Have that, LA.
* The West End: his other half's legacy is about to be shredded in Viva Forever! – the Spice Girls' musical opening at the Piccadilly Theatre next week. A cameo role would be the perfect opportunity for the former England captain to shred his.
Latest in Sport
Australian Open 2015: Serena Williams vs Dominika Cibulkova match preview
Chelsea vs Liverpool match report: Branislav Ivanovic seals classic encounter with extra-time header to send Blues to Wembley
Chelsea transfer news and rumours: Juan Cuadrado battle; Douglas Costa wants move; Paul Pogba possible
Gabriel Paulista: Talented Brazilian could grow into world-class defender at Arsenal
Floyd Mayweather ends the carnival this week and picks his next fight - but will it be Amir Khan, Manny Pacquiao or Miguel Cotto
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Does the path to true love really lie in these 36 questions?
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes