Four directions home for Becks
When David Beckham announced that he's to leave the reigning MLS champions LA Galaxy for new climes, speculation was soon rife about the next stop in the Beckham roadshow. We thought we'd help Beckham with his decision with a compass point-friendly guide to potential new clubs. David, you're welcome:
* The North End: Becks began his career with a loan stint at Preston (he scored from a corner). What better way to round off a glorious career?
* The East End: Surely east London's most famous former resident could lift Waltham Forest from their current lowly 13th spot in the Ryman Div 1 North?
* The South End: Or, er... Southend United. The Shrimpers may be in League 2 but they've got a beach. Have that, LA.
* The West End: his other half's legacy is about to be shredded in Viva Forever! – the Spice Girls' musical opening at the Piccadilly Theatre next week. A cameo role would be the perfect opportunity for the former England captain to shred his.
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
Is David Beckham one of the Premier League all-time greats? He's not even in the top 1,000 says Chris Waddle
Groundhog day looms for Arsène Wenger as Arsenal battle for a place in the Champions League on final day
Andre Villas-Boas ready to spark Tottenham revolution
One last swipe at Manchester City and then Sir Alex Ferguson was gone...
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Ukip captures Labour fortress in South Yorkshire by-election
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.