In pictures: Sir Alex Ferguson's 13 Premier League titles
How England's most successful club won all their crowns thanks to their manager
After almost 27 years, the most successful football manager in the modern game announces: ‘It’s the right time'. Sir Alex Ferguson retires after his latest triumph following the the win against Aston Villa, Manchester United won the Premier League title and with it cemented their place as the most successful club in the history of domestic English football.
This latest triumph is Alex Ferguson's 13th league title, and United's 20th overall.
United hope to appoint Moyes by end of the week
Sam Wallace: What next for United after Ferguson?
His best XI during his reign
His 13 titles remembered
Players pay tribute
Ferguson’s statement in full
Latest in Sport
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers