Kirk Broadfoot in hospital after egg explodes
Friday 15 May 2009
It has emerged that Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot was treated in hospital on Sunday after an egg exploded in his face.
The Scotland player was inspecting two eggs he had poached in the microwave when one of them blew up, squirting scalding water onto his face.
Freak injuries: Click the image on the right to launch our guide.
Broadfoot was treated in hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
Rangers manager Walter Smith said: "He's got some facial burns but he should be okay."
Kirk Broadfoot is not the first footballer to be struck by a freak injury as our guide explains. Click the image on the right to launch our guide.
Latest in Sport
Michael Schumacher: Ferrari president Luca Cordero di Montezemolo admits he is still in shock over accident
Jose Mourinho claims Cristiano Ronaldo and his Real Madrid team-mates spend too much time looking in the mirror
Is this the cutest pitch invasion ever? Brazil squad embrace young South African fan in heartwarming scenes after friendly match
QPR financial results: Rangers face huge fine in top flight of debtors
World Cup 2014: Sam Wallace picks his England squad - is there a place for Andy Carroll, and who wins the battle between Luke Shaw and Ashley Cole?
- 3 Channel 4 announces two-hour TV show to be broadcast 'Live from Space' later this month
- 4 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
- 5 Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast