Liverpool duo Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge form the best partnership in the Premier League according to readers of The Independent
We asked you which pair were the deadliest following Liverpool's 3-1 win over Sunderland last weekend
They may have only played together 10 times, but according to readers of The Independent, Liverpool pair Luis Surez and Daniel Sturridge form the best strike partnership in the Premier League.
That was the result of our poll which we invited you to take part in after their manager, Brendan Rodgers, claimed: "I am not sure there are two better in the league, in all honesty."
They picked up a whopping 84 per cent of the vote.
In second place were Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie with 11 per cent of the vote - perhaps surprisingly low for a duo as prolific and experienced.
Among the options that were available, Fulham's Dimitar Berbatov and Darren Bent and Newcastle's Loic Remy and Papisse Cisse failed to secure a single vote.
Daniel Osvaldo and Rickie Lambert of Southampton claimed 1 per cent, Wilfried Bony and Michu of Swansea secured 2 per cent and Alvaro Negredo and Sergio Aguero came third overall with the Manchester City pair collecting 3 per cent of the total vote.
Click HERE to see more on the best partnerships in the Premier League.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners fans devastated as they become only team in top 5 European leagues not to sign outfield player
Arsenal transfer news: Karim Benzema, Edinson Cavani and Gregorz Krychowiak were all linked but Wenger and Gunners fail on deadline day
David De Gea: Manchester United in bitter war of words with Real Madrid over failed transfer
David De Gea, Peter Odemwingie and the 18 weirdest transfer deadline day stories
Anthony Martial fee: 'Add-on' includes Manchester United signing winning the Ballon d'Or
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up