Manchester United top of the 25 best supported clubs in Europe
Friday 06 November 2009
Manchester United are officially the best supported club in Europe, beating the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich to the crown.
The average Old Trafford attendance of 75,304 last season sees them replace Real Madrid, last year's winners, at the top of the attendance rankings released by analysts Futebol Finance.
Based on attendances last season, here's our guide to the 25 best supported clubs in Europe.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave