Michael Jackson, elephants and The Last Supper: The 'craziest' chairmen in football
Blackburn Rovers owners Venky's have some competition
Friday 22 March 2013
Michael Appleton's shocking departure this has confirmed Blackburn Rovers' place as the laughing stock of British football. The news means the Lancashire club are looking for their fourth manager this season.
A farcical situation it may be, but the Venky's aren't the only trigger-happy owners in world football; in fact some can rival and even surpass the Indian owners in the madness stakes.
Click HERE or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide to the craziest chairmen in football
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Paris charity auction staged to save the ancient city of Tyre
scienceScientists find the answer to a question that even puzzled Darwin
A very timely Great Train Robbery and a frantic 24 Hours in A&E among the highlights
arts + entsThe 'Friends' actor on his new role as campaigner on addiction issues
Latest in Sport
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 4 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- 5 Status: Wet - Woman walks off a pier while checking Facebook on her phone