Michael Jackson, elephants and The Last Supper: The 'craziest' chairmen in football
Blackburn Rovers owners Venky's have some competition
Friday 22 March 2013
Michael Appleton's shocking departure this has confirmed Blackburn Rovers' place as the laughing stock of British football. The news means the Lancashire club are looking for their fourth manager this season.
A farcical situation it may be, but the Venky's aren't the only trigger-happy owners in world football; in fact some can rival and even surpass the Indian owners in the madness stakes.
Click HERE or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide to the craziest chairmen in football
Latest in Sport
Police probe Mario Balotelli racist abuse as Kick It Out voice their displeasure
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
Manchester City vs Chelsea match report: Frank Lampard shows no joy after denying Chelsea victory
Leicester City 5 Manchester United 3 player ratings: Leonard Ulloa? Radamel Falcao? Jamie Vardy? Angel Di Maria? Who was the star man?
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'