Poll: Is Tottenham forward Gareth Bale worth more than £80m?
Real Madrid will need to break the world record transfer fee to land the Welshman
The expectation at Tottenham Hotspur is that if Real Madrid offer a world-record transfer fee for Gareth Bale, in excess of the £80m they paid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009, then Spurs will sell.
But what do you think he's worth?
Take part in our poll below and read on for a few stats and facts about the Wales international to help you make your decision.
- Last season Bale won a multitude of awards, including the PFA Players' Player of the Year, the PFA Young Player of the Year and the Football Writers' Footballer of the Year.
- He scored 21 Premier League goals in 33 appearances last season. Nine of them came from outside the box - more than any other player in the top five European leagues.
- During the 2011/12 season he scored 9 goals, in 2010/11 scored 7 and the season before that just 3.
- For Wales he has scored 11 goals in 41 outings.
Latest in Sport
Brighton vs Arsenal: FA Cup match preview
Cristiano Ronaldo vine: Real Madrid forward sent-off for kicking and striking opponent during 2-1 win over Cordoba
What time is the 2015 WWE Royal Rumble on? TV details and full card
Sam Burgess: Bath and England's next big thing
Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 1 Rowan Atkinson to sell £10 million McLaren 'supercar' he crashed into a tree and a lamppost
- 2 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 3 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners