Poll: Is Tottenham forward Gareth Bale worth more than £80m?
Real Madrid will need to break the world record transfer fee to land the Welshman
The expectation at Tottenham Hotspur is that if Real Madrid offer a world-record transfer fee for Gareth Bale, in excess of the £80m they paid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009, then Spurs will sell.
But what do you think he's worth?
Take part in our poll below and read on for a few stats and facts about the Wales international to help you make your decision.
- Last season Bale won a multitude of awards, including the PFA Players' Player of the Year, the PFA Young Player of the Year and the Football Writers' Footballer of the Year.
- He scored 21 Premier League goals in 33 appearances last season. Nine of them came from outside the box - more than any other player in the top five European leagues.
- During the 2011/12 season he scored 9 goals, in 2010/11 scored 7 and the season before that just 3.
- For Wales he has scored 11 goals in 41 outings.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland