Poll: Is Tottenham forward Gareth Bale worth more than £80m?
Real Madrid will need to break the world record transfer fee to land the Welshman
The expectation at Tottenham Hotspur is that if Real Madrid offer a world-record transfer fee for Gareth Bale, in excess of the £80m they paid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009, then Spurs will sell.
But what do you think he's worth?
Take part in our poll below and read on for a few stats and facts about the Wales international to help you make your decision.
- Last season Bale won a multitude of awards, including the PFA Players' Player of the Year, the PFA Young Player of the Year and the Football Writers' Footballer of the Year.
- He scored 21 Premier League goals in 33 appearances last season. Nine of them came from outside the box - more than any other player in the top five European leagues.
- During the 2011/12 season he scored 9 goals, in 2010/11 scored 7 and the season before that just 3.
- For Wales he has scored 11 goals in 41 outings.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant