Shane Long: Southampton agree £12m fee with Hull City for striker
Long only moved to the KC Stadium in January
Shane Long is closing in on a £12m transfer to Southampton from Hull City, according to reports.
The Republic of Ireland striker only moved to the KC Stadium in January, and scored six goals in his 15 Premier League appearances for the club.
Long is expected to become the Saint's fourth signing this summer, after deals were completed for Dusan Tadic, Pelle and Fraser Forster.
Newly appointed manager Ronaldo Koeman has seen his squad ripped apart since the end of last season, with five key members of his squad sold.
Video: The latest transfer news
According to the Daily Mirror, Koeman moved for Long after his top target, Manchester United's Javier Henrnandez, rejected a move to St Mary's.
Southampton face Liverpool, who they sold Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren to, in their opening match of the season at Anfield on Sunday.
Latest in Sport
Gabriel Paulista: Talented Brazilian could grow into world-class defender at Arsenal
Australian Open 2015: Serena Williams vs Madison Keys match preview
Tottenham player ratings: Christian Eriksen? Harry Kane? Who was the star man at Bramall Lane?
Andy Murray vs Tomas Berydch: Murray cool over reunion with coach Dani Vallverdu at the Australian Open
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Pair finally meet at NBA game and shake hands, will the fight be announced during Super Bowl?
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures