The most popular replica shirt names
Saturday 29 August 2009
Fernando Torres was the most popular name printed on the back of replica football shirts last season.
Click the image on the right to launch our guide to the top ten.
The Liverpool hit-man disposed of Cristiano Ronaldo, who came top the season before. Meanwhile, Carlos Tevez, Robin van Persie, Jamie Carragher and Emanuel Adebayor have all fallen out of the top ten.
New stars to join the most popular include Dimitar Berbatov, Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard and Andrei Arshavin, the latter a remarkable achievement given that he joined Arsenal more than halfway through the season.
The list was compiled by SportingiD as part of the Premier League Season Review.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ian Herbert: England need to learn from Aussies and master art of avoiding ‘the creep’ so they can keep winning when they are winning
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive the rivalry - after a shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent