The worst transfer deals in Premier League history
Wednesday 25 August 2010
Alberto Aquilani today completed a season long loan move to Juventus, and the Italian giants have the option to buy him at the end of the season.
The announcement confirms Aquilani as one of the worst transfers in recent times. Liverpool paid around £20m for the Italian midfielder last summer, viewing him as a direct replacement for Xabi Alonso who moved on to Real Madrid.
But injury and poor form wrecked his time at Anfield, and with just nine league starts under his belt, he has been moved on.
But where does Aquilani rate among the worst ever transfers? We take a look at the Premier League's biggest wastes of money.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage