The worst transfer deals in Premier League history
Wednesday 25 August 2010
Alberto Aquilani today completed a season long loan move to Juventus, and the Italian giants have the option to buy him at the end of the season.
The announcement confirms Aquilani as one of the worst transfers in recent times. Liverpool paid around £20m for the Italian midfielder last summer, viewing him as a direct replacement for Xabi Alonso who moved on to Real Madrid.
But injury and poor form wrecked his time at Anfield, and with just nine league starts under his belt, he has been moved on.
But where does Aquilani rate among the worst ever transfers? We take a look at the Premier League's biggest wastes of money.
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Diego Costa keeps coin thrown at him during Capital One Cup final
Lukas Podolski corner: Has the Arsenal forward taken the worst corner of all time?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'