Trevor Francis suffers 'heart attack'
Friday 13 April 2012
The former Birmingham City and England midfielder Trevor Francis was in hospital last night, after suffering a suspected heart attack.
A hospital spokeswoman said: "Trevor Francis has been admitted to the Birmingham Heartlands Hospital." Birmingham released a statement via Twitter which said: "We'd like to send our wishes to Trevor Francis. Get well soon."
Francis, 57, became the first £1m footballer when he moved from Birmingham to Nottingham Forest in 1979. He won 57 caps for England and has managed QPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham and Crystal Palace.
Latest in Sport
Wimbledon 2015: Dustin Brown knocks Rafael Nadal out of the championship
Football kits 2015/16: The good, the bad and the downright worst new shirts from around the world for next season
Chelsea 2015/16 home shirt leaked again as new picture appears online
Dustin Brown: Who is the world number 102 who knocked Rafael Nadal out of Wimbledon?
Roger Federer plays an incredible ‘tweener’ shot against Sam Querrey on Centre Court at Wimbledon
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Amber Roof: Sister of Charleston shooting suspect Dylann Roof launches fund-raising appeal for wedding and honeymoon
- 4 Russell Brand condemns moment of silence for Tunisia attack victims as a 'minute of bulls**t'
- 5 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture