Video: Old boys Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo teach Young Boys Bern a lesson
Pair were part of side which beat Swiss team 8-6 in charity match
Wednesday 05 March 2014
Here is a case of the old boys teaching the Young Boys a new trick or two.
A dream team of legends, consisting of the likes of Zinedine Zidane, the original Brazilian Ronaldo, Pavel Nedved and Luis Figo defeated the Swiss side Young Boys Bern in the 11th annual 'Match against Poverty', with the proceeds of the game going to help support the recovery efforts in the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan.
Zidane, a World Cup winner with France in 1998, showed that he has still got his magic touch, scoring twice in the charity game at the Bernabeu, and also making an audacious back-heeled pass.
Watch the highlights of the match below
Other players to feature in the team of Zidane, who is now assistant coach at Real Madrid, included Steve McManaman, Christian Vieri and Paolo Maldini.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?