Video: The most embarrassing own goal ever scored?
Peruvian footballer Renzo Reaños blasted the ball into his own net after giving away a penalty...only the referee hadn't given it yet
Is there a worst feeling than giving away a penalty? Well, Peruvian footballer Renzo Reaños certainly found out the hard way.
The Unión Comercio player thought he had brought down the Universitario striker, with the referee about to award a penalty for the foul in their Peruvian Primera Division clash.
In frustration, Reaños blasts the ball beyond his own goalkeeper and into the goal, only he had forgotten about the advantage rule.
And when the referee turned back towards the centre-circle having given the goal, the rest of the Unión Comercio players looked bemused as to why their team-mate had just scored a horrendous own goal.
We don’t mind though, as it gave us a hilarious clip to watch this morning!
Latest in Sport
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Government is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains