Video: The most embarrassing own goal ever scored?
Peruvian footballer Renzo Reaños blasted the ball into his own net after giving away a penalty...only the referee hadn't given it yet
Monday 19 August 2013
Is there a worst feeling than giving away a penalty? Well, Peruvian footballer Renzo Reaños certainly found out the hard way.
The Unión Comercio player thought he had brought down the Universitario striker, with the referee about to award a penalty for the foul in their Peruvian Primera Division clash.
In frustration, Reaños blasts the ball beyond his own goalkeeper and into the goal, only he had forgotten about the advantage rule.
And when the referee turned back towards the centre-circle having given the goal, the rest of the Unión Comercio players looked bemused as to why their team-mate had just scored a horrendous own goal.
We don’t mind though, as it gave us a hilarious clip to watch this morning!
Latest in Sport
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'