VIDEO: The Secret Footballer - has this crafty Danish journalist exposed Dave Kitson as the anonymous author?
Tuesday 24 December 2013
Who says Danes can’t do investigative journalism?
Here is Kian Fonoudi collecting evidence to work out who The Secret Footballer, columnist and author of two books, really is.
Fonoudi narrowed his search down to 14 clues, and only one player matched them all – not Paul Konchesky, not Danny Murphy, not Andy Johnson – he worked out that the Secret Footballer is in fact Dave Kitson.
An interview was then arranged with Kitson, and one question proved to be all he needed to determine that the current Oxford United striker, formerly of Sheffield United and Reading, is the anonymous author.
CLICK ABOVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO
Dave Kitson in action for Oxford United
Latest in Sport
Why does Manuel Pellegrini keep picking Martin Demichelis for Manchester City?
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
David Meyler, Samuel Eto'o and the best, most controversial and bizarre goal celebrations
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: 10 reasons for Arsenal to be optimistic of Champions League progress
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pleads for 'fair chance' from referee as Arsenal look to turn around Champions League deficit
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home