World Cup 2014: Who could replace Roy Hodgson as England manager?
A look at the leading contenders if the Three Lions manager leaves his post
Following a second defeat in a row England are on the verge of World Cup elimination.
The latest loss, a 2-1 defeat to Uruguay, was quickly followed by questions over Roy Hodgson's future.
The England manager says he has no intention of stepping down, but with England likely to be eliminated at the Group Stage for the first time since 1958, the former Fulham and Liverpool boss may find it impossible to retain a grip on his position.
But if Hodgson does depart, who could replace him? We take a look at those likely to be linked with the job.
Who would be the best candidate to replace Hodgson? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men