AC Milan deny Pato offer from Chelsea

AC Milan have dismissed a newspaper report suggesting that Chelsea had agreed a deal to sign Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato.

The 19-year-old rising star has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti was confirmed as the new Blues manager earlier in the summer.



One newspaper report claimed that Ancelotti had agreed a £45m fee with his former club but would allow the teenager to spend the next season on loan in Italy ahead of moving to England in 12 months' time.



However, Milan claim the story is completely without foundation and have reiterated their previous claim that Pato is not for sale at any price.



"With regards to the rumours circulated this morning by the English press, AC Milan clarify and reaffirm that there are no negotiations ongoing with Chelsea regarding Alexandre Pato, and that the player is absolutely non transferable," read a club statement.



Pato scored 15 goals in 36 Serie A appearances last season and is regarded as one of the brightest talents in world football.



Meanwhile, striker Luis Fabiano insists he is fully focused on Sevilla despite seeing his dream move to AC Milan fall through.



The Brazil international was expected to join the Italian giants last month before Milan decided to pull the plug on the deal when they were unable to agree a fee with their Spanish counterparts.



The Rossoneri then turned their attention to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and swiftly wrapped up the signing of the Netherlands striker from Real Madrid.



"I'm not thinking about Milan," claimed Fabiano. "They made an offer, but I was always calm and thinking about Sevilla.



"I have been training for several weeks and I'm not yet at 100 per cent so that's what I'm concentrating on now, continuing working with Sevilla to start the season well.



"Everything's forgotten, I'm only thinking about Sevilla."



Elsewhere, Lazio beat Internazionale 2-1 in the final of the Supercoppa Italiana in Beijing's National Stadium on Saturday night, but despite the defeat coach Jose Mourinho was happy with his side's efforts.



Brazilian Francelino Matuzalem opened the scoring for Lazio before Tommaso Rocchi scored with a spectacular lob.



New signing Samuel Eto'o reduced the deficit with his first goal for the Nerazzuri with 12 minutes to go.



"We lost. What can I say?" said Mourinho. "I am not happy, but I liked it that my players showed character and fought until the end to win.



"I am very satisfied with the match, although not with the result, we should have won by two goals at least."



On the contrary, Lazio president Claudio Lotito was buoyed by his team's success.



He said: "I'm very satisfied with my team's performance.



"I consider it a victory of the group, not just the team."

Comments