Adnan Januzaj wants to get 'really strong' to be more like Cristiano Ronaldo
The Manchester United forward is putting time in at the gym in bid to bulk up
Thursday 08 May 2014
Adnan Januzaj is bulking up in an attempt to emulate Cristiano Ronaldo.
Januzaj's emergence has been one of the few bright spots in a miserable season for Manchester United.
The 19-year-old winger has made 34 appearances, scoring four goals and impressing with his trickery and forward thinking.
And Januzaj hopes by studying Real Madrid forward Ronaldo he can make similar improvements to the former United star and current world player of the year.
The winger told Inside United: "I watch him a lot and try to do the same things that he does.
"He is a very good player. I always look at him and watch his games as well and try to do what he is doing and remember what he did at Manchester United."
He continued: "I have to work hard in the gym like he did because, when he came here, he wasn't strong. But after a year or so he became really strong and could push people away.
"I'm getting a bit stronger now due to the gym work."
Latest in Sport
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything