Alan Pardew upbeat over chances of Fabricio Coloccini remaining at Newcastle
Captain has asked to leave St James' Park
Thursday 17 January 2013
Alan Pardew is hopeful he can convince Fabricio Coloccini to stay at Newcastle this month.
Pardew said today there would be further meetings to try and persuade his captain not to return home to Argentina as a result of "personal matters".
"We're going to sit down next week and hopefully iron out the issues and come to a conclusion where Colo stays," Pardew said.
The manager added he was "surprised and disappointed" Loïc Rémy had opted to sign for QPR rather than Newcastle. He said: "It was a little strange. We put a lot of work into it. We made his club Marseilles an offer that was accepted and made a fantastic offer to the player."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail