Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain denies reports he wants to leave Arsenal
Wednesday 11 January 2012
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has denied reports that he wants to leave Arsenal.
It was reported this morning that the 18-year-old winger, who signed from Southampton last summer, wants to leave the Emirates Stadium on loan this month after becoming frustrated at his lack of first-team action.
The England Under-21 star has been used sparingly by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger this term - he is yet to start a Barclays Premier League game - but he insists he is not looking to move.
He wrote on Twitter: "Just to confirm, any rumours about me wanting to leave are completely false, couldn't be happier at Arsenal #AFC #VictoryThroughHarmony."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools