Andy Carroll stays at West Ham despite striker shortage at Liverpool
Friday 19 October 2012
Brendan Rodgers says he will not recall the £35m striker Andy Carroll from loan in January, despite Liverpool's shortage of players up front.
Fabio Borini could be out for up to three months after requiring surgery on a broken foot, leaving Rodgers with Luis Suarez as his only recognised first-team striker.
But the Liverpool manager said he has not even thought about recalling Carroll from his season-long loan at West Ham.
"It isn't something I have considered," Rodgers said. "Andy has obviously gone out to get games. We have people watching and they report back on how he is doing. But with Fabio's injury just coming up we will assess it from there."
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.