Arsenal a 'good fit' says Gervinho
Friday 01 July 2011
Lille forward Gervinho believes he will "fit in easily" at Arsenal as he closes in on a move to north London.
Talks between the two clubs have been going on for a while and the Ivory Coast international is confident he will be plying his trade at the Emirates Stadium next season.
Gervinho is adamant the time is right to move on having claimed the Ligue 1 and Coupe de France double with Lille last season.
"I'm happy to have won all these trophies," he told France Football.
"I'm glad to have taken a route through the French league but now I will go to London.
"At Arsenal, it is a young squad and I can fit in nicely. I can develop myself over there.
"There are only a few loose ends to tie up and they should not take long."
Lille have been busy in the transfer market since claiming the Championnat, signing France midfielder Benoit Pedretti as well as Czech defender David Rozehnal and Nigerian goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland