Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert backs Richard Dunne to play again
Monday 11 March 2013
Aston Villa's manager, Paul Lambert, insists defender Richard Dunne's long-term groin problem is not career-threatening. Dunne has not played since picking up the injury last June on Euro 2012 duty for the Republic of Ireland. He has had three operations.
Lambert said: "It's been really complicated. Richard has been over to the United States a couple of times to try and get it sorted. Is it career-threatening? No, nothing like that. You can't say that."
Murphy loses captain's role
The Blackburn Rovers manager, Michael Appleton, has replaced Danny Murphy as permanent captain with defender Scott Dann.
Former England international Murphy, 35, who was left out of the squad for Sunday's FA Cup sixth-round tie against Millwall, has been linked with a return to his former club Fulham as a coach.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Latest in Sport
Arsenal v Hull: Arsene Wenger ignores the sceptics and tells Gunners to seize Premier League title chance
Jose Mourinho believes Manchester City, not Arsenal, offer greatest challenge to Chelsea title hopes
Premier League: Arsenal beware - this is the tightest season in 11 years
Manchester United v Everton: Premier League match preview
Arsenal v Hull City: Premier League match preview
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do