Bendtner set to miss big kick-off
Wednesday 07 July 2010
Nicklas Bendtner could be a doubt for the start of Arsenal's Premier League season after he failed to fully recover from the persistent groin injury which dogged him throughout the last campaign.
The 22-year-old striker underwent surgery on his injured groin in November last year but it failed to completely eradicate the problem and he subsequently missed both the end of the Premier League season as well as the start of Denmark's World Cup campaign in which they failed to make it out of their group.
Bendtner is set to undergo a scan when he returns from a holiday and said: "I still feel quite bad in my groin. Sadly it hasn't been better during my holiday, like I expected it to giving it nothing but rest. And that worries me a lot."
Latest in Sport
Angel Di Maria reveals wish to return to Argentina - but don't worry Manchester United fans...
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Robin van Persie reveals Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United to 'be more Dutch and pull on the same rope'
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so